The Local Area
We are located conveniently close to many main roads making Lower Marlpits Farm a great base for exploring the Westcountry.
Walking & Cycling
- Footpah from the campsite into the lovely market town of Hointon. Here you'll find independent shops, a museum and plenty of places to eat and drink.
- The South west coast path is a short drive away where there are plenty of beautiful cliff top walks for you to explore the Jurassic coast.
- To explore on foot or by bike is The Seaton wetlands. There are 4km of level trails and 5 bird hides. It’s the ideal place to spot wildfowl, wading birds, butterflies and dragonflies.
We have some fantastic beaches within 15 – 30 mins drive from the site.
All dotted along the Jurassic coast. There are some great seaside towns and pretty little fishing villages with lovely shops and eateries.
- A short drive away is Blackberry camp, a hillfort that was built during the 4th century Bc. It’s now surrounded by woodland. In the month of May when the bluebells are out in bloom it’s a spectacular site- The perfect place to have a picnic.
- Close by is the Blackberry Honey farm, which offers a wild flower garden, tea room and local produce and Honey.
- Honiton Golf club is on our doorstep, just a short stroll up the hill via a public footpath.
Other local attractions include:
-Fishing trips from Beer
- Powderham castle
- Exeter Cathedral
- Killerton house (a National trust property)
- The Donkey sanctuary